At Castle Academy, safeguarding and child protection is paramount and we are fully committed to ensuring the welfare and safety of all our children.
We believe that students have a right to learn in a supportive, caring and safe environment, which includes the right to protection from all types of abuse; where staff are vigilant for signs of any student in distress and are confident about applying the processes to avert and alleviate any such problems.
Our key aims are to ensure;
- All our pupils are safe and protected from harm.
- Other elements of provision and policies are in place to enable pupils to feel safe and adopt safe practices;
- Staff, pupils, governors, visitors, volunteers and parents are aware of the expected behaviours and the school’s legal responsibilities in relation to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all of our pupils.
Whom should I contact?
Designated Safeguarding Leads
It is the responsibility of the Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL), Daniel Lugg, Head of School, email@example.com (and the Deputy Designated Safeguarding Leads (DDSLs), Lorna Beard, Emma Brandon-Smith, Louise Thomas, Deborah Bell, Pethrow Gooden and Tim Hallis) to ensure that all safeguarding issues raised in school are effectively responded to, recorded and referred to the appropriate agency.
Castle Academy’s Safeguarding Governor is Richard Auger. Please contact Richard via the school office.
Whistleblowing Contact: Monica Juan (firstname.lastname@example.org)
What should I do if I have concerns about a child or family?
1) Speak with one of the safeguarding leads at school
2) Contact Northamptonshire Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) on 0300 126 1000
3) Speak to NSPCC: If you are an adult and have concerns about a child, please call 0808 800 5000. If you are a child or young person and require help, please call 0800 1111
Please find below our school safeguarding policies.
Links to the local Safeguarding Children’s Board on:
Please click here
Should you have concerns about any of the above, please speak to a Safeguarding Lead in school, or contact MASH on the number above.
Early Help Offer to Parents
Here at Castle Academy we offer the following help to our parents:
- Breakfast Club
- After School Club
- Food Bank
- Parenting Programmes
- Freedom Programme (Support for Domestic Abuse)
- School Nurse
- Jo Go Behaviour Support
- Speech and Language Support
- Good Loaf
- Health Visiting Service
- SALT (NHS Speech and Language Therapist)
- Community Paediatrician
- Service Six
- PCSO (Community Policing)
- Parenting Programmes
- NDAS (Northampton Domestic Abuse Service)
- Early Help Hub
- CAN/Substance to Solution (Drug and Alcohol Support Service)
- Sunflower Centre (Victims of Domestic Abuse)
- Healthy Living Advisors
- Target – Online Safety
- Pearls of Peace (Community group dedicated to Muslim ladies)
- Sleep Right
- Target Autism
- Strong Start
- Home Start
Please contact the school office if you require any further information on any of these services.
Early Help Assessment
- Emergency: 999
- Non emergency: 101
Reducing Incidents of Sexual Exploitation (RISE)
- Tel: 01604 888345
- Email: email@example.com
Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH)
- Tel: 0300 126 1000
- Email: MASH@northamptonshire.gcsx.gov.uk